Our Environmental Promise to You:
We believe in protecting our beautiful coastline and bushes that we live in and enjoy. We want to ensure that both our children and your children and grandchildren can visit and enjoy it too.
Motel Villa del Rio are helping reduce our environmental impact by:
- Offering a towel and linen change agreement that ensures you are helping the environment by reducing energy and water use.
- Giving you the opportunity to recycle your rubbish
- Try to purchase locally, which helps reduce carbon emission from transport.
- Buying toilet paper made in New Zealand.
- Buying as many products as possible that are made in New Zealand.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any feedback please do not hesitate to ask our staff.
Eco tips for guests
- Save energy by turning the heating down/off when you don't need it.
- Save energy by switching off the lights when leaving your room.
- Save energy by being careful not to overfill the jug in your room - use only as much water as you need.
- Save energy, water and detergent by re-using towels instead of having them replaced - hang them up if you would like to reuse them. Put old towels, which need a wash, on the floor. Your comfort is of great importance to us, so don't feel guilty if you need to change your old towels!
- We'll recycle the waste you leave at the motel wherever we can, but please try to produce as little waste as you can when you're here - buy food with as little packaging as possible, reuse bags, etc.